HAVE YOU BEEN ASKED TO BE A GODPARENT or CONFIRMATION SPONSOR?
According to the requirements of the Catholic Church’s Canon Law (872-874):
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Received the sacraments of Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation
- If married, it must be a valid sacramental marriage
- Not be bound by canonical penalties
- Not be the father or mother (of one being baptized).
Before we can issue a “letter in good standing” from SJPII’S office
we ask that you be registered and active members * with the parish for at least 3 months.
* An active member attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the giving of time, talent, and treasure (use of offertory envelopes or online giving)
To request a “letter in good standing” if Saint John Paul II is your home parish and are you a registered and active member of CTK.
o Contact our office to request a “letter in good standing” firstname.lastname@example.org or 7700 532-6772:
If SJPII is not your home parish, please request the letter from the parish where you are currently registered and ask that it be sent to the parish where the sacrament of Baptism or Confirmation will be celebrated.
email@example.com or 7700 532-6772