Baptism is the first sacrament celebrated in the process of becoming a full member of the Church community. It is the first of the three Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation. Baptism is, like all the sacraments, a gift from God.
Infant Baptism at Saint John Paul II
The Catholic Church has always taught and respected the understanding that parents are the primary educators in the faith of their children. Our Baptismal preparation is designed to assist parents and godparents in raising these children in the faith.
Please allow ample time to complete this planning. Expectant families are encouraged to begin preparation before their child is born.
If your child is 7 years of age or older, please contact our School of Religion Director, Laura Lomeli, to receive more information.
Before you schedule your child’s baptism, we ask parents:
- To be registered and active members* of the Catholic Church
- To have attended a baptism preparation class in the past 3 years
- Or had a child baptized in the past 3 years
– CLICK HERE to register as a parishioner of Saint John Paul II
- Baptism Preparation for Infants and Children
- Have you been asked to be a Godparent or a Confirmation Sponsor
- “Letter of Permission” to Baptize elsewhere