The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires that all adult volunteers (18 years old or older) working with children, youth, and/or vulnerable individuals must complete the Safe Environment training (VIRTUS) and undergo a background screening before they start volunteering.
Volunteers who are 13 years old or older should complete the Volunteer Application for Minors with their parent’s permission, and the School Reference for Minors form. Homeschooled minors must provide three references (non-family members).
Register to attend a VIRTUS Training
A summarized version of the registration steps are listed below:
- Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
- Click on Registration
- Select Begin the Registration Process
- Select Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese) from the drop down menu
- Create User ID and password – Do not use a shared email address
- Complete personal information
- Select primary location, role, and title (If you are an EMPLOYEE of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, please select your employer as the primary location)
- Let us know if you are involved with more than one location
- Select a Protecting God’s Children session from the list