If Saint John Paul II is your home parish and you wish to baptize your child at another parish, you will need to request a “letter of permission” from our office.
Before requesting this letter – Your family must be registered and active members* at SJPII
*An active member, as defined by the Archdiocese of Atlanta, is registered with a parish, attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the consistent giving of time, talent and financial resources in support of the parish (use of offertory envelopes or online giving) and receives regular mailings and communications from the parish.
To request the letter
- Provide the following:
- Parents’ and child’s names
- Family address, phone, email
- Baptism date or tentative date
- Parish of baptism: name, address, phone, fax#, contact name and email.
- If the parish requires proof of attendance at a baptism preparation class and you attended the class at SJPII
- Ask the receptionist to include class date in letter. If you are unsure of date, we can look it up.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 770) 532-6772